Describe how an atom behaves when it moves from ground to excited state?
when an atom is in an excited state, the electron can drop all the way to the ground state in one go, or stop on the way in an intermediate level. electrons do not stay in excited states for very long - they soon return to their ground states, emitting a photon with the same energy as the one that was absorbed.
- genotype is the genetic make-up of an organism that describes the nature of each trait. (the letters we often write for a certain trait)
- phenotype is the morphology of a living organism .(the trait you usually observe while looking/tracking the organism)
- in the flower of a pea plant there are a pink color(rr) or (rr) and a white color(rr).
- when crossing two hybrid ( with two different letters) pink colors,
p : rr × rr
g : r r r r
f1 : rr rr rr rr
- the phenotype ratio will be (3 pink : 1 white)
- the genotype ratio will be [1 (rr) : 2 (rr) : 1 (rr)]..