The material safety data sheets (msds) for all the chemicals involved in this lab are on ilearn. read these and answer the following questions:
1) which of the alkyl halides in this experiment is most hazardous?
2) the most hazardous alkyl halide is a known carcinogen. what extra precautions should you take?
3) one of the alkyl halides is a lachrymator - what does that mean?
it has to be 2%
i am pretty sure the answer is periods. hope it . if not what are the answer choices?
the answer is 93.86%
the solubility of a substance is defined as the maximum amount of substance that can be dissolved in 100g of solvent at a particular temperature.
as given that the substance has solubility of 12grams in 100grams of water at given temperature.
1) the substance will begin to dissolve when 12 grams are present in solution : false, the substance will begin to dissolve once we have started adding solute to it.
2) when 12 grams of the substance are stirred into a beaker with 100 g of water, it will begin settling at the bottom : false, it will start to settle once there will be solute more than 12 grams
3) when 12 g of the substance are dissolved in 100 grams of water, the solution will be dilute : false, the solute will be dilute when the amount of solute is less than 12g [infact it is unsaturated]
4) when 12 g of the substance are dissolved in 100 grams of water, the solution will be saturated : true : the solution will be called as saturated.