Identify the underlined phrase according to its use in the following sentence.
the rain and hail pounding on the tin roof frightened the young child, who covered his ears and ran to his mother.
"to his mother" is underlined
a. adverb phrase
b. adjective phrase
c. infinitive phrase
d. participial phrase
the mood (or tone) of the prologue is considered as sombre, dark, since from the start we're being told that this story is going to be a story of love, death and loss.
1. academic language: language spoken in accademic settings.
2. social language: language spoken with peers in social settings.
3. suffix: letter or letters added to the end of a word that changes the part of speech and meaning of the root word.
4. root word: initial word before adding a suffix and/or prefix.
5. prefix: letter or letters added to the beginning of a word that changes the meaning of the word.
6. affix: letter or letters added to the beginning or end of a word, root, or stem, or the meaning of a word, to modify its meaning.
the rain and ha...