Which of the following is an example of wind erosion?
a. a large boulder sitting on the side of a dry streambed
b. large piles of sand that move across the desert floor
c. a fan-shaped pile of sediment at the mouth of a canyon
d. deeply eroded arroyos that cover the desert floor
1. in 1492, spain expelled after being under their rule for centuries.
answer: d the moors.
2. an important cultural center during the renaissance was the city of florence.
3. the connection between the minoan civilization and a volcanic eruption on thera is that the earthquake happened a century before the collapse of the civilization. answer (a).
4. (b) shared ideals.
5. (c) the pyrenees mountains.
6. (b) plaateau.
7. (c) presented community standards.
8. (b) democracy.
9. (a) it has been reduced to scrub vegetation by overgrazing.
10. (b) the po river valley.
11. (b) hydroelectricity.
12. (a) the apennines. (almost 40% of the italian territory is mountainous, with the alps as the northern boundary and the apennine mountains forming the backbone of the peninsula and extending for 1,350 km (840 mi).
a. a large boulder sitting on th...