Why are the five pillars of islam so important to islamic believers?
a. they explain the rules for fasting and praying during ramadan.
b. they are the foundation for the mosques in which believers pray.
c. they provide the historical details of the origins of islam.
d. they provide the ritual obligations that need to be followed.
1. international: struggle for hegemony and empire outstrips the fiscal resources of the state
2. political conflict: conflict between the monarchy and the nobility over the “reform” of the tax system led to paralysis and bankruptcy.
3. the enlightenment: impulse for reform intensifies political conflicts; reinforces traditional aristocratic constitutionalism, one variant of which was laid out in montequieu’s spirit of the laws; introduces new notions of good government, the most radical being popular sovereignty, as in rousseau’s social contract ; the attack on the regime and privileged class by the literary underground of “grub street; ” the broadening influence of public opinion.
4. social antagonisms between two rising groups: the aristocracy and the bourgeoisie
5. ineffective ruler: louis xvi
6. economic hardship, especially the agrarian crisis of 1788-89 generates popular discontent and disorders caused by food shortages.
andrew carnegie did for steel what rockefeller did for oil. carnegie used vertical integration to bring stability to the steel industry: he worked to control the entire production process, from the iron mines through steel production and distribution. by the time he retired, carnegie's holdings were enormous.
b is the correct answer.
in marbury v. madison, chief justice marshall developed a doctrine that is commonly known as judicial review.
judicial review gives the supreme court the right/obligation/duty to hear cases about the actions of the executive or legislative branch and to make a determination about the constitutionality of the executive or legislative branches' actions
i believe the answer is the united kingdom
a. they explain the rule...