Min works in the kitchen of a catering company. today her job is to cut
out whole pita bread into smal triangles. min uses a cutting machine,
so every pita tangle comes out the same. the figure shows an
example mn has been told to cut 3 pita triangles for every guest
there will be 250 guests. if the pita bread she uses comes in
squares with 20 centimeter sides and she doesn't waste any
bread, how many squares of whole pita bread will min have to cut up?
given: ad ≅ bc and ad ∥ bc
prove: abcd is a parallelogram.
1. ad ≅ bc; ad ∥ bc 1. given
2. ∠cad and ∠acb are alternate interior ∠s 2. definition of alternate interior angles
3. ∠cad ≅ ∠acb 3. alternate interior angles are congruent
4. ac ≅ ac 4. reflexive property
5. △cad ≅ △acb 5. sas congruency theorem
6. ab ≅ cd 6. corresponding parts of congruent triangles are congruent (cpctc)
7. abcd is a parallelogram 7. parallelogram side theorem
out whole pita bread in...